By Bob Hoelscher
• City hikes almost everywhere, whether on a specified route like Boston’s Freedom Trail, the Riverwalk in San Antonio and the Las Vegas Strip, or simply exploring a town as one wishes.
• Sequoia and redwood forests in numerous state and national parks in California.
• A variety of trails on the floor of Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park.
• Sites like Central Park in New York; Washington Park in Portland, Oregon; Stanley Park in Vancouver, British Columbia; or Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, Washington.
• Rim trails at Crater Lake, Oregon; Grand Canyon, Arizona; and Bryce Canyon, Utah, national parks.
• Hoh Rain Forest, Olympia National Park, Washington.
• Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia, a virtual walk through the pages of American history.
• Ocean- and waterway-cruise port calls at cities throughout Europe and around the world.
• Harpers Corner Trail, Dinosaur National Monument, Colorado.
• The dunes at White Sands National Monument, New Mexico, especially just before sunset.
• Canyon Overlook Trail, Zion National Park, Utah.
• Jenny Lake Loop Trail, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.
• Moses Spring-Rim Trail Loop, Pinnacles National Monument, California.
• Trail of Shadows at Longmire Meadow, Mount Rainier National Park.
• Cataract Lake Loop Trail, Eagle’s Nest Wilderness Area, Colorado.
• Mount Wheeler Glacial Lakes and Bristlecone Pine Forest Trail, Great Basin National Park, Nevada.
• The beneath-the-rim trails at Bryce Canyon National Park.
• Brighton Lakes and Cecret Lake Trails in Wasatch National Forest, Utah.
• Green Lake/Ranger Falls Trail in Mount Rainier National Park, Washington.
• Delicate Arch Trail, Arches National Park, Utah.
• The ancient ruins of Petra, Jordan.
Readers are welcome to send an email to the author at firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions on suitable day hikes for their specific group tour destinations.